Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Health Care - Details

In the details is where the fun lies. It now appears the writers, whomever they were, for got to give the IRS its usual authority to kick down your door, do the SWAT-Ninja dance, and confiscate everything you own until you make up that last 4 cents you owe them.

It seems that if you don't buy health insurance, the IRS is limited in retribution to sitting on your tax refund until you send them proof of insurance. Remember that if you claim many deductions, they will have little or nothing to hold over you. IRS Commissioner Doug Schulman says:

"The vast majority of American people have a healthy respect for the law and want to be compliant with their tax obligations."
Right. I know I respect the law in general, but for the government I have the same kind of respect I hold for stinging insects and venomous reptiles.

I'm sure all my readers are citizens of their environs, just as good as I am.

No comments: