Here's the rules:
1) get a pencil and a small piece of paper, number 1 through 5.
2) put your watch or a clock with a second hand where you can see it.
3) Test includes literacy and numeracy so no e-dictionary or calculating aids.
4) Read the questions below and write down your answers. You have 2 minutes from the start of reading the questions.
* There were no _________ remarks at the parents' evening. Is the correct word: dissaproving disaproveing dissapproving disapproving?
* A lesson begins at 11:40. The teacher prepares a 10-minute introduction followed by a 15-minute video clip and then a 25-minute activity. At what time does the activity end? Give your answer using the 24-hour clock.
* The children enjoyed the _________ nature of the task. Is the correct word: mathmatical, mathematical, mathemmatical or mathematicall?
* Teachers organised activities for three classes of 24 pupils and four classes of 28 pupils. What was the total number of pupils involved?
* For a science experiment a teacher needed 95 cubic centimetres of vinegar for each pupil. There were 20 pupils in the class. Vinegar comes in 1,000 cubic centimetre bottles. How many bottles of vinegar were needed?
Fun, wasn't it? Found these questions in a nice article on the state of education at Samizdata.