Sunday, September 29, 2019

(Not) Arguing With Anti-Gunners

A friend referred me to this article from Armed and Dangerous on the topic of persuading the anti-gunners. Money quotes:
The need, here, was to undermine that substructure. And I saw the way to do it. This is what I said:
“You speak, but I hear only the bleating of a sheep. Your fear gives power to your enemies.”
Ignoramus typed another sentence of historical ignorance. My reply was “Baa! Baa! Baaaaa!”
And another. My reply was more sheep noises, more deliberate mockery. And you know what? A few rounds of this actually worked. Ignoramus protested that he wasn’t a sheep. At which point I asked him “Then why are you disarmed?”
*CRACK*
Never argue facts and figures with a lefty This is a defensive tactic. They have their own facts and they are not negotiable. They will change their minds only when they decide to and the quickest way to get them to do that is to ask questions, which puts you on the offensive. Mockery also works well which may explain why so many of them seem to have no sense of humor.

No comments: