Sunday, May 11, 2014

Springtime In The Rockies

When the switch between Winter and Summer gets banged up and down a couple of times to keep everybody on their toes.

TODAY: Winter Storm Warning for Denver metro area: 3 to 8 inches possible by Monday morning. Periods of rain and snow through the day. The daytime highs happened early in the morning, and will linger in the 30s through late afternoon.
TONIGHT: A complete change-over to snow after 9 pm lasting through Monday morning. Overnight lows will plummet to 26 to 31 degrees.
MONDAY: Scattered snow showers for the morning drive. Mostly cloudy and blustery with some afternoon clearing. Morning lows from 28 to 35 degrees, afternoon highs from 48 to 56 degrees.
3-8 inches of heavy, wet, limb-breaking global warming indeed. By Wednesday however, I expect to be riding the motorcycle in to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. I left Billings this morning and got to enjoy it all the way down I25. About Chugwater I got off the interstate to hit the rest area and encountered about 12" of heavy wet slush. Thank G-d I'm driving what MattG of Stuck in Massachusetts calls an Earth F-cker 4wd F350. Really bad wreck about 50 miles north of Denver involving semi's and a school bus. They had north bound I25 shutdown and all traffic diverted onto the frontage road.

Gary W. Anthony
MSgt, USAF, Ret.