Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Future of Transportation, Stop-N-Go

While perusing the predictions for 2011 from Frank J. (see June) I ran across a call for the introduction of the Next Great Thing from Government Motors, an electric car that you charge by shaking it.

Now I've seen flashlights that worked on this principle, which were probably the inspiration for that shake-me-Elmo exerciser and running joke widgett, but this may be the real deal. Considering the stop and go traffic I endure daily on the trip home from work, I'm guessing the car should arrive in my driveway with more charge on it than when I left from work.

As a plus (?) it gives CDOT an excuse to delay any further improvements to the traffic situation around here, as the congestion is actually useful in keeping the vehicle charged.

No comments: