Thursday, July 29, 2010

Are You A Hippie?

Well, Are you, punk?

You are 9% hippie.

Ok, you conservative soul. Do you even believe in global warming? Loosen that necktie a little, and try some organic food. It actually does taste better. And go to a farmer's market--they're fun.

Are you a hippie?
Take More Quizzes



I know several of my readers would score higher than I did. I have to quibble with some of the questions, though:
How do you get around town? No box for "Motorcycle, rain or shine and down to 20 degrees. ( Well, O.K. 35 degrees).
Do you recycle? No spot for "If there's money in it, sure." This includes monetary savings. I reload.
How do you make a living? Answers are geared to 20-somethings. Dope smuggling and gun running were not listed, even though it's how Joe Kennedy made his.

My observation from my wasted youth, when hippies were REAL hippies, is that the hippies were nearly all leftists. When they wanted something, especially if it was something you couldn't readily buy at the market, you bought it from a capitalist member of the Young Republicans. The ones I hung with formed associations going by names like Teadrinkers, Gents, Knights, Barhoppers, Hells Angels, and the like. They threw the best parties, too.

1 comment:

Brad K. said...

I am evidently 34% hippie. You're in the middle, leaning towards the non-hippie side of things, but you're not afraid to try out some hippie philosophies. Good going! An open mind is all a person really needs to lead a happy life.

I didn't like the "what kind of milk" - they didn't allow for "I don't". Also, no box for "buy clothes at TSC and Ace Hardware" when the winter Carhartts and flannel shirts come in. Maybe I could be more hippie if I tie-dyed my bib overalls? Nah.