Monday, May 16, 2016

Gun Fun - American Marksman

American Marksman informs me that my score qualifies me for the regional competition to be held at my gun club, Colorado Rifle Club in June.

The contest is like a Steel Challenge stage with IDPA scoring for hits outside the "A" zone. Looks like a nice format for an indoor steel challenge match.

I checked the scores from the others and it looks like being competitive for the grand prize involves doing 3 strings of this stage in under 13 seconds, including penalties. Classes are available for juniors, women, and 2 men's groups, neither one of which is for geezers. With a bit of practice I'm sure I could improve my score but being currently about 3 times the top competitors, I think I'll pass.

Might be a good setup to use at GBR this year though.

No comments: