Sunday, August 19, 2012

Appleseed - Guest Post

And now, as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story on the Appleseed event from the actual shooter:

Hmmm…overwhelming and exhausting--but still an amazing experience that offered more than enough practical application, top notch instruction, and individual attention that by the second day even I was starting to catch on to how things were done. I’m looking forward to attending more events. Being a realist, it might be closer to 7 or 8 more events before I get my patch. 
I do like my Savage, getting to know my gun before the event would have helped alleviate much of the frustration and mishaps I experienced and maintain my ‘ladylike demeanor’ as Bill so diplomatically stated, (ROFLMAO). As far as for all of Step 6, there were at least 2 or 3 times I managed to follow all the intermediary steps correctly, with seconds to spare--handling the rifle like a pro, and deftly inserting and unloading magazine cartridges with ease. The biggest challenge was muscling the bolt back completely to load the chamber, hence, a huge part of my frustration. That, and needing a cheek rest.  That would go a long way to doing even better next time.
Paula

So you see she's getting better. I think she'll be surprised at how quickly she gets the patch. Now to see if someone makes an adjustable rear sight for the gun.

No comments: