Wednesday, March 3, 2010

McDonald v Chicago

Sorry for misspelling the name previously.

Best summary yet is at Politics, Guns & Beer. Sample:
FELDMAN: Here’s my first argument.
SCALIA: That argument sucks.
FELDMAN: Ordered liberty?
SCALIA: We haven’t used that since 1937.
FELDMAN: Have too.
SCALIA: When?
FELDMAN: Uh, here’s my second argument.
SCALIA: You just argued against your first argument.
It was, as I noted earlier, not a real good day for Mr. Feldman. The transcript, which I linked earlier is still a good read. I get the impression that when you go in to argue before the Supreme court, that you may safely assume that most of the justices have already read your prepared arguments, and half of them would like to have a Christmas tree erected before the bench, about which your guts will be wrapped in fine old Germanic tradition.

No comments: