Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coyotes

We have coyotes in the neighborhood, I discover as I'm clearing the driveway of 6" of fresh, new global warming, a young one trotting down the street like (s)he owned it. The kids across the street, who keep much later hours than I do assure me that 2 or 3 of them make their way up the street about 11 pm, regular as clockwork. I knew we had foxes and raccoon and the occasional skunk, but this is a new addition.

FWIW, I do not live anywhere near anywhere that could be called "the lone prairie" either. These little doggies have moved into a solid bedroom community. I suppose this means fewer stray cats. Also quicker cleanup of any dead squirrels that happen to show up out by my peach tree. Praise be to Offler, he who maketh things disappear over night.

No comments: