Thursday, April 14, 2011

Democrat Platform Suggestions Wanted

Someone put me on the mailing list of the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, and Mr. Sergent has been regaling me with requests to write my congressmen and encourage them to vote the Dem party line, regardless of their affiliation.

There are a small number of Republicans willing to do this, but 1) They don't seem to need any encouragement to do so and 2) None of them represent me.

The latest missive asks that I complete a short survey expressing my position on the issues so that the candidates will know what lies to tell me in an effort to save their phony-baloney jobs. So I went to the site and filled out the survey from the drop-down answers provided.* Needless to say the selections reflecting my views were phrased in the most unappealing terms imaginable, but I dutifully informed them that I favored defunding the EPA and crushing baby ducks under earth-raping heavy machinery.

At the end, they let you clarify your positions in your own words, so I gave them several useful suggestions, like defunding the EPA and crushing baby ducks under earth-raping heavy machinery.

When you finish, and hit "submit" the next page asks for a bunch of personal information and of course a monetary contribution. Attempting to proceed from there without donating either is a no-go with implications that the value of your opinion is proportionate to your contribution, and that $0 = 0 opinion. Just close the page. You'll get a thank-you for your opinions.

Go here and tell them where you stand.

* In all fairness, groups I support do the same thing:
1: Do you support
a) Mom and Apple Pie.
b) the troops.
c) Driving your Prius across town over a plaintively peeping carpet of baby ducks to vote Democratic in 4 precincts, none of which you live in.

2: I'll donate
a) A lot of money.
b) Even more money.
c) More money yet, and I'll forgo the bribe you were offering me to fill this out.

No comments: