Monday, October 24, 2016

My Ballot

Got my ballot Saturday and turned it in today. There were 30 choices for the presidency crammed into 24 slots. This is done by making slot #24 the write in slot but in Colorado you have to register as a write in candidate in order for any write in votes to be counted for you. Only six people so registered so your write in for SMOD, Mickey Mouse, or me will go uncounted. Sorry.

When voting for President, you have to remember that you are not electing members of Parliament. Thus no proportional representation. You either win or you don't. We will elect either Trump or Clinton and even if the others combined get more votes than one of those two, one of them will be President.* So I voted for Trump on the premise that he would do me the least damage over the next 4 years. I mean, imagine one of these on the new quarter million dollar bill:
Makes it easier to pay her speaking fees with a single note. Of course if she does win, I assume her fees will double. still, only 2 bills to buy what you need.

1 comment:

kahr40 said...

Haven't voted yet. I'll probably do it this week. I vote Trump on the premise I don't know what damage he'll do. Hillary's threat is clear.