Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gun Blogging

You may have noticed the new logo over on the left sidebar, proclaiming this blog to be on the Gun Blog Black List. This is an interesting list, and I'm flattered to be included on it. One of my visitors, North, put me on the list, for which I'm grateful. I've always thought that being a gun blogger would be a lot more fun than carping about politics and the economy, but since that's what's biting me the hardest, that's what gets most of the attention. As a result, while I enjoy writing about guns, I had a hard time thinking of myself as a gun blogger.

Besides, being a top-tier gun blogger requires things I don't have, such as friends in the industry who send you free goodies to test and write up, or a collection of every military rifle ever issued by every army in the world from 1890 to 1919, complete with the matching pistols.

The ability to clearly write out ponderous pontifications would be a plus, but that's something I'm working on. Meantime you get the occasional bit of backyard Mad Science. Don't worry, I'm working on acquiring more guns and spending more time shooting them.

1 comment:

North said...

You don't have to change, label yourself in any way, meet some minimum requirement, pass a peer review... Just keep believing what you are believing, keep blogging as you do.