Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seasonal Changes

Today is officially the end of Summer of Recovery, and the beginning of the Fall of Something To Be Named Later. Suggestions cheerfully accepted in comments.

So I cheerfully rode off to work this morning, paying no attention at all to the weather reports as they waffle a lot to avoid being wrong, and it rains seldom enough around here anyway. The rain began around noon. By 4:45 the big question in my mind was weather I would get home looking like a drowned rat, or just get struck by lightning between the office door and the parking lot.

Lucky me, I guess: Light rain and no lightning.

Remember the wisdom of The Prophet who said:
While it is true that the motorcyclist doth sometimes bite of the dust of the land, is it not also true that he sometimes dines on essence of butterfly?
Some day I'll find a reprint of that piece. It's hilarious.

No comments: