Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gun Fun

It appears my suggested e-postal match has had a very favorable reception to judge from the traffic. My shooting buddy assures me that the black SUV with the tinted windows will be parked outside my house bright and early Monday morning. The sun is turning black as I write, can the helicopters be far behind?

Went out and shot the Milles Bourne e-postal match with 4 different firearms. I discover that my bowling pin gun is shooting a bit to the right, which has been corrected. I also find I need more practice at bullseye shooting. Also that I get better results with the Hi Point 4095 using the Barrys hollow base bullets, which are a bit longer than the ones I normally use. I like Barrys bullets. You can get plated bullets in flat point, hollow point, and hollow base all at about the same price.

Articles I've been reading (Og the Neanderpundit) have given me some ideas regarding the inherent accuracy of the Hi Point, and how to get the most out of it. The bad news is that this is going to involve fabricating some parts, so don't hold your breath on this one.

Update: If the drone you bag is armed, I'll double your score. According to the article at the link, this will be easier and easier.

No comments: