Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Real Freakanomics

If more is better, than too much should be about right, right? Especially when it comes to setting the minimum wage in your fair city. If San Francisco and Seattle can drive bookstores out of business at $15/hr, why stop there. A local radio host is proposing that the minimum wage in Denver be set at $52.80/hr which would really help the average minimum wage slave afford a nice house in a nice neighborhood. I mean what's not to like?

He's talking about crowdsourcing the $20-30K it would take to collect the requisite 7000 signatures to put this on the ballot and I don't see why he should have any trouble at all. If I lived in Denver, I'd be all over that.

Should be an easy sell with an electorate that votes in hard-core lefties at every opportunity.

2 comments:

David Aitken said...

I'd sign it in a heartbeat. Watching the ignorant liberals and leftists justify their NO vote ought to be a stellar display of hypocrisy.

Randy said...

That's a great idea, I think they should do it at a national level. I'll bet the white house web site that allows you to create a petition would work. Certainly thousands of people would sign it because they would view it as "free" money. I just like the idea of President Obama explaining that you can't create wealth by creating inflation.