Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bad Year

On top of the New York gun laws we got in the first quarter, now the gun club I belong to has been shut down. Some 1200 people are now looking for another place to shoot. There are a few in the National forests and on the National Grasslands, but none very convenient to the Denver area.

Cherry Creek State Park has a range with up to 100 yards available which I'm told if normally quite busy.

The next nearest ranges are about 1-1/2 hours drive from where I live, and have wait lists up to 3 years to get in. 

In the meantime I'm trying to find a place to shoot the e-postal match and dial in the .22. The problem being that the indoor ranges don't like you to use copier paper targets. First because they like to sell their own targets, but second because the debris from copier paper gunks up their air filters more rapidly than the soft brown stuff. I may have to shoot this one in my back yard with a pellet gun.

As bad as losing the range is losing the social group that went with it. That will be impossible to replace.

No comments: