Saturday, October 10, 2015

Transportation

Sometimes there is just a divine indication that what you should be doing is staying home, preferably in bed. Yesterday was a good day for a bike ride so off I went. Made it about 2 miles and th chain broke. Fortunately I was near my favorite bike shop, Pedal, in Littleton. They had a master link for under $5 and helped me install it for free. Nice folks. Got me through the next 35 miles although my legs were registering formal protest.

Today we are supposed to go up to CCCSC for an IDPA match. Made it about 1/4 of the way and a radiator hose popped off. By the time we got it fixed, it was too late for the match, so we revised the plans to visit the Arvada Rifle & Pistol club.

Coming back, 6th ave was marked that an exit I don't use would be closed. As I got closer, the overhead sign was warning that the right lane was closed. Traffic began piling up early as someone had bent a fender and the accident was blocking the right lane from about 1 mile before the official closure. I get to my exit and discover that the right lane closure includes the exits for 4 major arteries including mine. There was a detour. The warehouse district is truly scenic in the morning.

Hose fixed and engine watered, let's see if I can get all the way to Arvada without a mishap.

No comments: