Here are the rates reported for Colorado as broken down by demographic groups:In a possibly related story, with the changing of the State House from Red to Blue, the new chair of the House Finance Committee .
- American Indian – 52 percent
- Asian/Pacific Islander – 81 percent
- Black – 65 percent
- Hispanic – 60 percent
- White non-Hispanic – 81 percent
- Children with disabilities – 53 percent
- Limited English proficiency – 53 percent
- Economically disadvantaged – 62 percent
Never has that been more true than with the selection of HD6 Democratic State Rep. Lois Court to head the Colorado State House Finance Committee. Rep. Court has, on more than one occasion, professed her lack of skills in mathPossibly a product of the local education establishment. I wonder if she understands the concept of a deficit?