The following is a list of the top 10 accident locations in Denver in 2009 according Denver police.
- I-25 at I-70 -- 195 crashes
- I-25 at Alameda Avenue -- 192 crashes
- I-25 at 6th Avenue -- 177 crashes
- I-25 at 20th Avenue -- 176 crashes
- I-25 at Santa Fe Drive -- 128 crashes
- I-70 at Quebec Street -- 118 crashes
- I-25 at Colfax Avenue -- 105 crashes
- I-25 at Hampden Avenue -- 93 crashes
- I-70 at Peoria Street -- 88 crashes
- I-70 at Quebec Street -- 84 crashes
Ignoring that, my daily commute takes me through locations 1 through 5 as well as #7. Both ways.
Oh well, a life unrisked, they say, is not worth living, so absent a straight razor to shave with, I drive to work on the municipal deathtraps, on a motorcycle. Uphill. Both ways. Barefoot. In the snow.
O.K. that last part may be stretching it a bit. #7 is under construction. I'd think that CDOT would post pretty pictures showing the smoothly flowing traffic that's sure to follow completion, but right now I'm going with a new football stadium and parking garage going up there.
#5 is under construction as well. It looks like the XL pipeline, carrying crude from Canada to Houston will be routed under the center median of I-25 at some point.