Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gun Fun

A good day at the range is when you come home with more reloadable brass than you brought. At the club IDPA match, shooting buddy and I got placed with a squad of ammo trust fund folks in which only 3 of the twelve of us were reloaders. Big score.

Even better is coming home with more guns than you left with. It seemed that the rifle I had ordered had come in at Bass Pro, so we picked it up on the way back. I now have the Marlin 795, with 3-9x scope and rings. The bad news is that first, the gun comes with only one 10-round magazine. The mag capacity laws being what they are, only the tube-fed guns hold 15-17 rounds any more. An additional mag would have been helpful. Bass Pro had 3 hangers labeled for Marlin mags, all empty.

For Cat's sake people, the zombies are NOT scratching at your doors. Just let the dog in and leave a mag and a box of ammo on the shelf for the rest of us. No word on the 25-round mags I ordered from Pro-Mag. Presumably in 10 days the order will self-cancel and I'll have to get them in Cheyenne. Which brings up another thing. I'm going to need to find a shop up north or a friend up there to ship stuff like that through and pick it up there. At least until we can repeal some laws and oust some New Yorkers from the legislature.


It could always be worse. Jigsaw, in Perth, just bought a rifle through the Byzantine system that use down under that makes Australia the crime-free utopia that it is today. A 3-step process which she says worked noticeably faster than usual, putting the gun in her hands in only 3 months. FWIW, I got mine in only 2 months not counting the spare mag(s) and sling which I don't have yet.
 Plink, plink.

1 comment:

jed said...

I suppose it'll be something like going up North to buy fireworks. Within the last week or so, maybe at CO Peak Politics, I read a little piece about how the California Po-Po have been 'forced' to set up at the NV border, or maybe it was just inside NV, looking for CA plates, and following the vehicles back into CA to enforce some draconian prohibition of theirs. Gotta wonder how far the CO police will go.

Every once in a while, I think about a road-trip to Cabela's. I wonder if they'll be checking ID at the register for cash sales.