Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If You're Catching Flak...

You must be over the target, say the bomber pilots. So here's CBS news catching flak from the White House over their coverage of the Fast and Furious gun running scandal.
They will tell you that I'm the only reporter--as they told me--that is not reasonable. They say the Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, the New York Times is reasonable, I'm the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I'm unfair and biased by pursuing it.
Being fair and reasonable evidently means ignoring a government agency passing arms to a criminal enterprise in a foreign country.

1 comment:

Brad K. said...

It is a wonder to me that this administration has a clear and established pattern of ignoring Congressional subpoenas, of perjuring testimony to Congress (from various departments), and there is no word of censure, none of impeachment, none of suit against the administration to enforce compliance with the law.

The courts have held Obama in the wrong, and ordered him to lift his ban on drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. So he did. But he still isn't processing any applications, and lying about the number of applications to drill.

At this point it isn't the President and his Cabinet that I disapprove of. It is Congress, for inaction and tacitly accepting perversion of the Constitution and their own responsibility for oversight.

The courts, and especially the Supreme Court, have been manipulated since the get-go. And I still want to know why Justice Souter "retired" so precipitously to make an opening for Obama's Soto Mayor.

I am not alleging any grand conspiracy. But I am not happy with letting a Chicago thug run wild, either. Will it take a modern-day Elliot Ness to put a stop to the abuse?