Thursday, April 23, 2015

Happy Anniversary

This seems to be the 10th anniversary of the Maker Faire. This from an article:

Former O’Reilly employee Bruce Stewart remembers that first Faire day, and surely speaks for other parents, in seeing his young son’s reaction to the event: “I remember walking up to the gate with my son Kindy, then 11,” he says. “We stopped in our tracks at the sound of a very loud, fiery explosion coming from somewhere near the entrance. Kindy looked at the tall flames rising up, looked back at me, and started running towards their source. He was sucked in before we even got inside! Between robots, Legos, fire, explosions, and the great ‘build what you want out of this e-junk’ room, he was in heaven. I remember thinking: ‘I bet this is a deeply interesting and inspirational experience for kids.'”

Yeah, flames, ka-booms, smoke and noise, what more could a kid ask for?

There's one coming up at the Denver Museum of Natural History in early June. I'll be there with some kid-pleasing stuff.

No comments: