Saturday, May 4, 2013

H-P 4095 Range Report

Since I got my 4095 back from the factory I've found that a LOT of improvements have been added. The bolt is heavier, the frame has been updated, and the barrel attachment has been improved to improve rigidity. Several other things have been changed as well to the point that I now think of the gun as the 4095 v2.0.

Last time I had it out I got to put 10 rounds through it and concluded that my scope would make any gun an 8 MOA gun. Removed it and went back to the new factory irons. It may be just me, but the rear sight ring is an exact match for the front sight ring where my head falls on the stock. If I move closer, I can get a ring of light around the front ring to tell me that everything is properly aligned. Likewise if I pull back, I can get the ring of light around the rear ring to show proper alignment. In between, both rings are near the same size which will allow a certain amount of sight misalignment without it being detectable.

At 25 yards we shot several groups. Here's the best.
The tick marks are 1/4". Shot by me, with my dubious eyesight, through the factory irons, a 3 MOA group. I'm sure the gun can do better.

The front sight is a 2-piece affair with the blade and ring attached to a support allowing vertical adjustment. Replacing the blade and ring with a short bit of rail would allow mounting the flip-up sights off an AR pattern gun. Hmmmm.

No comments: