Saturday, May 11, 2013

Gun Shopping

Following the Appleseed event I decided I needed some new equipment. I ordered a Marlin 795 from Bass Pro, 2 spare mags from Promag, and a modest scope from Wal Mart. This was late last month.

So far, the scope has arrived. It's a Tasco Pronghorn, 3-9x32. Not fancy, and not expensive. I have a Tasco on another gun and it has given good service.

I guess I need to bug Promag since if the magazines arrive after July 1, they would be illegal. They are 25 round mags after all which puts most of the states population at risk.

Bass Pro must have gotten a shipment of ammo in and in the ensuing crush, all the sales reps in the hunting department have been trampled to death. Or it could be some less interesting reason why they don't answer the phones there, but I like my explanation better.

Range report eventually.

Update: Bass Pro reports that Marlin hasn't shipped them any rifles recently, but I'll hear from them when they do.
            Promag reports: Due to the high volume in recent orders, all orders will take 4-6 weeks to process from the date the order was placed before they are shipped.
           The mags may be squeaking by to get here before the deadline.


No comments: