Friday, August 9, 2013

Gun Fun - Marlin

I ordered a Marlin 795 .22 plinker back in Late April. The gun was difficult to obtain, being out of stock in most places, but Bass Pro came through. I got a scope and rings from Wal Mart which were delivered in under a week. I bought ammo at Wal Mart which turned out to be in stock just 2 weeks ago. I've been waiting ever since to get some spare mags for the gun which seem to be out of stock everywhere including the factory.

Happy days! CTD notified me today that they have some in stock. I've ordered 3 and should have them by next Friday, which will complete the order. Total elapsed time = 4 months.

Julie, who lives in heavily regulated Perth, Down Under, also bought a rifle, and with all the required paperwork, had to wait 3 months to actually lay hands on it. Now I'm happy to have had to deposit only one form with our government to get my rifle, and I certainly sympathize with Julie on the wait, but she did get a complete gun with the same accessories I got in that length of time. See? It's much more efficient when government agencies can share data. One filing, and your personal information goes to the ATF who puts it in a common database shared by the IRS, the FEC, the NSA, the FBI, HHS, and a collection of hackers from China, Russia, and North Korea. Gotta love it.

No comments: