Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Future Of Transportation - Trikes

Of all the one-off vehicles that have come down the pike recently, each promising to be more "green" than the next, here's one that's actually still here. The Elio 3-wheeler has the advantage of being gasoline powered, so no technological hurdles, and it qualifies as a motorcycle, so fewer regulatory problems.

The outfit will be showing their car in the Denver area beginning this week:
Wednesday, August 28th:  Park Meadows Mall, Lone Tree, CO from 1-7pm

Thursday, August 29th: Flat Iron Crossing Mall, Broomfield, CO from 1-6pm (plus the concert after!)

Friday August 30th:  Cherry Creek Mall, Denver - inside - from 10am -9pm

Monday September 2- The Taste of Colorado!  We will be in Denver again at 1600 Broadway #610
Their website is being pretty cagy about the availability of test drives. I gather that if there are any they will be severely limited.

4 comments:

jed said...

Hmmm. Wodin's Tag, in the evening? I'm typically not much for work night activities, but maybe.

If you head over to Jeffro's place and scroll almost to the end, there's an early tadpole. Well, looks like a single rear wheel to me.

Billll said...

I wrote them extolling my virtues as a tech writer and asked for a test drive. So far I've got no answer.

The demo closes at 7 PM so you wouldn't be out too much past your bedtime.

Come to think of it isn't the Smart powered by a similar 3cyl motor? There's a conversion kit for that to install a Suzuki Hyabusa engine that makes it a real kick to drive.

jed said...

I don't know diddly about the Smart car. But more power is nearly always a good thing. With a tadpole, I wonder about having enough traction with a single rear tire to effectively deliver it.

Billll said...

The Elio and the one I built are both FWD. I concur, it's the right way to do it.