Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gun Fun - Basic Pistol

SIL has signed up for an NRA basic pistol course. This should be a fun time if all goes well. She has no gun herself but the instructor says she has a 9mm she can loan. SIL has been calling around to find ammo, and has discovered..... There isn't any.

I also found out she had not noted how much would be required.

I have offered her the choice of several pistols from .22 to .38 to 9x18. Her instructor is suggesting she bring both the .22 and the 9mm which is what I would have recommended. Of course if she had come out with me, I'd have brought them all.

Sportsmans has .40 S&W ammo in 250 round bulk pack at $100 which I would split with SIL but the instructor has no .40 loaner.

The instructor reminded SIL that the ammo quantity for the range part is 150 rounds, and suggested that this could be split 100 rounds of .22 and 50 rounds of 9mm. The instructor is less than impressed with revolvers I guess.

Range day is the 25th. Film at 11, as they used to say.

1 comment:

jed said...

I have it from a reliable source that the new Cabela's store in Lone Tree is chock full of ammo. Braving what will likely be an insane number or people there on opening day might be a way to pick up what she needs.

Either that, or start stalking several Wal-Marts.