Sunday, July 22, 2012

Theater Shooting

...and other stuff. Spent last night hanging with the homies at the Blog fest in the hope that some of their talent would rub off on me, and I believe it did. Jed had put together a motivational poster featuring B.O., J. Holmes, and Sarah Brady, suggesting that without government help, the massacre would not have been as big a success disaster as it turned out to be.
Here's my variant, keeping all the enablers as representatives of the government:

Now as much as I love a good conspiracy theory, there are some that lack the MDR of credibility required to make a successful one.  Here's one already that claims the theater massacre was an inside job, masterminded by the government to swing public support in favor of the UN arms treaty. A great deal of thought obviously went into this. I'm thinking probably more than a bit too much. When the level of complexity rises above a certain point, the credibility factor falls below the Willing Suspension of Disbelief threshold and the dreaded Giggle Factor comes into play. Still, full marks for creativity.


Discussions also proceeded mostly derisive of the idea that without government, business cannot succeed. Of course if you grant that government is a large factor in the creation and operation of any business, the statistic that 90% of all business start-ups end in failure begins to make a good deal more sense.

Update: My original thought was to use Obama and Eric Holder as the enablers, but I thought yo myself: How could the government possibly be providing guns to a madman? I was wrong.

No comments: