Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Gun Fun

OK the first e-postal match of the year is up at Mr.Completely's. He's using the infamous "Fly Shooter" target,

and to win you have to put 25 holes in the paper, inside the outline square, without actually hitting the flies. This is much like the windvane shooting in "Five Card Stud" in which you claim to have been aiming between the windvane blades. If you hit a fly, you have to stop so only one dead fly per target.

DISTANCE : 25 feet, or Ten yards, which ever is available at your range.

SHOOTING POSITION: Standing, un-supported, off-hand, one or two hands on gun permitted.

This sort of thing penalizes the large-bore constituency as it's much harder to miss with a big bullet.

Distance is 25 ft. Back in the day, I believe I could have cut one of the flies out of the target without touching it using my Daisy BB gun with iron sights. The older I get, the better I was, by golly.

No comments: