Sunday, March 13, 2011

In Search Of Accuracy 3

Spring is in the air so I got out to do some carefully planned scientific tests with the Hi Point. First off I forgot the tripod for the chronograph. Fortunately the fellow in the next bay had one that worked.

Primary effort was to test some milder loads as the gun seemed to like the slower and heavier bullets better the last time. The outcome as to accuracy was problematic as I had switched to the iron sights, and then tried to shoot the thing at 50 yards. I need either better eyes or a bit of glass in my sight. Group size got slightly bigger. FWIW, here's the results from the chrony using 155gr bullets and Titegroup powder.
YMMV. I had hoped to try some 180 gr ammo, but it turned out that I didn't have any. Next time maybe. At any rate a mediocre day at the range is way better than almost any day around the house.

No comments: