Monday, March 7, 2011

Future Software Upgrades?

Microsquash is officially begging people to upgrade their Internet Explorer to finally get rid of IE6.

I have and use IE6, but not by choice. I switched to Firefox years ago, and not only never looked back, but quit accepting offers to upgrade IE6, so I still have it.

It turns out it has a use. Once a year when I do my taxes, Tax Cut insists that I use IE, minimum ver 6, to get the program going. It also insists that it can't work on my wide-format flat screen unless I force it down to 760 wide. It turns out that this is only necessary the first time, and after loading the software and updates, it works fine on the wide format, although only after complaining about the lack of a VGA CRT.

It's the ONLY time that software ever gets used.

Attention software writers: H&R Block doesn't know it yet, but they need you in the worst way.

No comments: