Monday, September 27, 2010

Cosmic Karma

Or some such thing. It's as though something truly cosmic just happened, but I can't quite put my finger on what it was.

The multi-millionaire owner of the Segway company died in a freak accident yesterday when he rode one of the high-tech two-wheel machines off a cliff and into a river.
To the best of my knowledge, this is the first single-vehicle fatality on a Segway. I personally like the technology that went into the thing, although the application as human transport never struck me as particularly wonderful. Still, it's the first step toward Rosie the Robot.


2 comments:

Brad K. said...

I guess he was rock-climbing with the thing, and fell off the face. So much for narrow ledges.

It seems a shame that he died before learning the rest of life's lessons.

Billll said...

He knew enough to amass a 9-figure fortune, but I guess there's always something new to learn.