Monday, August 31, 2009

Fiddling With The Tax Forms

I met with my federal Representative today, and listened to discussions on several topics, mostly health care. I also dropped a suggestion that should be easy to impliment, and make him fairly popular as well.

On every federal 1040, there is a line where you are encouraged to donate to a generic campaign fund for candidates for federal office. As long as the real estate is available on the form, why not let us make the same donation to the agency of our choice? A simple 3-digit code, and zap! $5 out of your taxes is earmarked for NASA, the Marine Corps, the Border Patrol, ACORN, ABC news, or whatever other agency of the Federal Government you feel is most worthy.

The marketing info alone would be worth a small fortune, letting congress-critters know what to stand for, party platform permitting, or against. Somehow I'm not seeing the IRS, for example, getting a lot of love in this.

So what's your favorite agency? Me? I favor NASA, although DARPA is a very close second.

2 comments:

Brad K. said...

I like NASA, the US Navy, and DARPA.

I would have added the National Park Service, because they just dropped the hot springs where nudists gather off their park maps, and don't say or do anything else about the nekkid folks. But then they turned much of the regulation and oversight to be in tune with the UN. I often wish we could undo much of the Clinton Presidency.

Chris Bennett said...

How about The Director of Civilian Marksmanship?