Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quote of the Week

OK, it's 18 years old, but it's seldom I agree with Rep Dingell on much.

"If I were to select a jackbooted group of fascists who are perhaps as large a danger to American society as I could pick today, I would pick BATF - They are a shame and a disgrace to our country."
Representative John Dingell (D-MI) 1991, on camera
Kevin at Smallest Minority is reproducing a big chunk of a Congressional report on the BATF(E) which bears reading, slowly, and in its entirety.

Whenever I write my representatives or Senators, I try to always include a couple of lines suggesting that the BATFE be disbanded, defunded, and never brought back. Mentioning the report and the colleagues opinion of the agency in each letter is an easy cut-and-paste add on, and worth doing.

Update: Here's a post from a fellow who got an official determination from the BATFE that their interpretations and determinations cannot be counted on. Gives you such a warm feeling inside, no?

No comments: