Saturday, August 16, 2014

More Farming

The raspberries which usually begin producing about now and continue until the first frost have now stopped producing having produced since early July. Very odd. This may be due to the modrate temps and lots more rain than average as well. The mushrooms in the back yard seldom get this big:
I can hear the strains of "Trepek" playing in my head. Picture taken with my new pocket camera an is about 40X as large as ones taken with the old one so you can probably zoom in on the individual spores in this picture. There should be a button to cut the pixel count down to something reasonable, but I haven't read the owners horse blanket manual completely yet.

FWIW: It's a Nikon Coolpix L30.
1. Cameras like this which once came with a minimal memory card are now shipped without one at all. Batteries were included.
2. The cable to connect the camera to your computer is unique to this series of cameras and is shipped with selected models. This model isn't selected.
3. A USB memory card reader that supports this cameras card and several others costs less than the very special cable.

4 comments:

jon spencer said...

I have been using a wi-fi sd card for several years now. Much better than messing with cables or swapping the card back and forth.

Billll said...

I may have to look in to that.

Anonymous said...

Are they edible mushrooms? I've planted Wine Caps, Shitake and Oyster Mushrooms in the yard but nothing has come up. Too many cedar trees, I think.
ignore amos

Billll said...

I know nothing about mushrooms. If these were edible they were meaty enough to make a fairly impressive sandwich all by themselves. I ran over one today with the lawn mower and it exploded in a brown cloud.