Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Capitalism

In California a lady has been given a slap on the wrist for paying insufficient taxes on income of some $40,000 over 10 years ($4000/year?) from her home business selling suicide kits.

I had the same idea about 20 years ago, which involved a small helium tank, a plastic bag with an elastic closure, and a short hose. Place bag over head, connect hose to bag and tank, inflate bag, add more gas if it deflates or if you feel uncomfortable, and in 3 minutes you're painlessly dead.

In honor of Dr. Kevorkian, I was going to call my kit the "Jack In The Box". Typical of an engineer, I over thought the problem and made the price point too high. Turns out you can get a tank already filled from Balloon Time for as little as $25. Hose is easy, but the bag might have taken some actual leg work to find. Might have. Today I'm sure I could find such a thing for peanuts, in bulk, from China, on the Internet.

If Romney wins, maybe I could get a celebrity endorsement from Cher. If Obama wins, I could get a hardware contract with his health care program. Either way I get rich, no?

No comments: