Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pin Shooting

Bottom line: I suck. Of course I have to notice that my speed is down considerably from where it used to be, and presumably, practice will pick this up. It was great fun, and not even too cold, beginning at around 30 and rising to the mid-40s.

Rangemaster: "We run a cold range here. Everybody know what that means?"

Some Smartass: "We need to keep the fire barrel lit all the time!"

I also had a rather large number of misfires. I suspect the previous owner of my gun has cut the hammer spring back to lighten the trigger pull. NOTE to all you wannabe gunsmiths out there: This also lightens the hammer strike!

From the workshop, I take home the pins that aren't completely shot up, especially on the tops,
Then cut the top off:
And pretty soon we have the material for a .22 cal pin top shoot:

Sorry for the fuzzy picture. These may not be exactly to official specifications, but they seem to work fine. Is there an official spec for pin tops?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"From the workshop, I take home the pins that aren't completely shot up, especially on the tops, Then cut the top off: And pretty soon we have the material for a .22 cal pin top shoot:"


How come this sounds like the basis for a Seinfeld episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtWEH0euh4

Top Of The Bowling Pin To You!

Billll said...

And then "the cleaner" comes around on Friday and disposes of the bullet-ridden bodies of the bowling pins. Yes!