Thursday, March 19, 2009

State Of The Economy

A downturn is when you hear of someone losing their job.
A recession is when someone you know loses their job.
A depression is when you lose your job.

As of Friday, March 27th, it will officially be a depression.

Now that you know, I expect that everybody will get out there, and announce it, and make sure your friends understand it's Oboes fault. I learned that from many years of working in the corporate coal mines: First fix the blame, then fix the problem.

Blame fixed. Problem in work.

4 comments:

Z@X said...

Ah jeezuz. Man, I'm sorry to hear that. This really sucks.

Billll said...

Interestingly enough, I had been sending out resumes, and on Friday I got an e-mail from one of my targets wanting to know how much I wanted, and when I would be available for an interview, so hope springs eternal, eh?

Mulligan said...

good luck, job search bites

Billll said...

I contacted the fellow today, and was informed that someone had hired the first person who walked in the door, much to his annoyance.

Looks like I might get some time in out on the bike trails this spring after all.