Monday, March 23, 2009

Humor

As most of industry is laying people off, and the government is the only employer actually hiring right now, this one seems appropriate:

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job. The
interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to
anything?"
He replies, "Yes, caffeine."
"Have you ever been in the military service?"
"Yes," he says. "I was in Iraq for two
years."
The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra
points toward employment."
Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"
The guy says, "Yes...an IED exploded near me and I
lost both of my testicles."
The interviewer grimaces and then says, "O.K.
You've got enough points for me to hire you right now.
Our normal hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. You can
start tomorrow at 10:00...and then starting at 10:00 A.M.
every day."
The guy is puzzled and says, "If the work hours are
from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., why don't you want me here
until 10:00 A.M.?"
"This is a government job," the interviewer says,
"For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking
coffee and scratching our balls...No point in you coming in
for that."

No comments: