Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gun Show!

Went to the Tanner Gun Show to help the CSSA work their booth. Show opened at 9, I got there about 10:30, and had to park somewhere near the Kansas border. The place was packed, as it has been for the last 4 months. The price of everything was up, and people were buying. I limited myself to a holster and a magazine carrier. $10 for both.

The annoying thing was that the local branch of the MSM had predicted that yesterdays 61 degree temp would be replaced by clouds and 37 degrees with a distinct possibility of snow by the afternoon.
The actual high was 47 deg with hardly a cloud to be seen. It's currently 40 at 4:30. I could have ridden the motorcycle, and parked on the sidewalk near the front door! See what you get when you get your info from the MSM?

I'm going to order the tap, and start the 2-1/2 ga punt guns. The hard part will be finding wood suitable to a 2 in OD barrel. Sounds like fun, no?

No comments: