Friday, March 6, 2015

Auto Repairs

I was changing the oil in my dome light today* taking advantage of the 50 deg weather, and when I had finished ad tried to replace the dome light module** I found that the cheap and cheesy plastic bracket that holds the whole thing in place had cracked and would no longer hold the part.

Anyone car to guess what a cheesy plastic bracket for a Jaguar is going to cost***?

*They do things differently at Jaguar. Actually all you have to do is remove the old stuff. It self-refills.

**Yeah module. It includes dimmers and the garage door openers. Yeah, openers.

***I once saw an article on what your car says about you that mentioned the Jaguar as"I can afford a car that spends one week a month in the shop." This was back in the 80's so I hoped the quality had improved since then.  It has. Not enough to my mind, but quite a bit.

2 comments:

Merle said...

Way back in high school I had a 1959 XK-150. I learned a lot about cars, mostly out of self defense!

Merle

Billll said...

The module is back in the car, the bracket was $15, cheap for a Jag. To show me it cares, the radio now plays only FM.