Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Colorado Governor Drinks Fraccing* Fluid

Former brewpub owner and Colorado governor tried a shooter of fraccing fluid in a meeting with Haliburton and said:
Hickenlooper said: “He [Lesar] pulled a jar of frack fluid from his pocket, a jar of CleanStim. I asked him if I could take a swig. He asked me if I was serious. I said yes.
“I unscrewed the jar, took a swig, and while I’m not going to stand here and say that it’s something that I’d have with a steak, it went down easy enough,” Hickenlooper said.
Which brings us to the possible follow-up. How would the stuff work out when mixed with barley, malt, hops, and yeast and allowed to ferment? It hasn't been tried yet to my knowledge, but the advertising slogans would tend to run along the lines of:"Best fraccing beer you ever tried!".

Of course being made with fraccing fluid, the obvious by-product of drinking the stuff would be that you'd pee twice as much. Might make a good diet supplement to reduce your water weight. Governor Hickenlooper is not on record as having noticed this effect.

*Fraccing derives from the word "fracturing" which contains no k. A friend of mine who works for a company that makes the stuff assures me that this is how it's spelled in the industry. YMMV. Spell it any way you like.

No comments: