Thursday, July 4, 2013

Return With Us Now...

..to those thrilling days of yesteryear when the neighborhood by now sounded and smelled like the Battle of Waterloo was being fought house to house in defiance of local regs regarding bringing stuff like that back from Wyoming.

Of course this year there are 10-15 wildfires burning around the state and the air all over town smells of wood smoke so even the enthusiastic among us are more subdued than usual.

Not that hard actually.
 Have a happy Independence day and remember, Big Brother is Watching.

1 comment:

jed said...

Yeah, not really that hard. However, as I sometimes discover to my chagrin, it's the things you don't know you don't know that get you.

I remember when you go to the Tanner show, and find a table for a company in Idaho, where you could buy DIY pyrotechnic stuff. These days, I assume that any purchases of fun things such as oxidizing agents goes on your permanent record. When I was looking into ball mills, I found lots of how-to articles on DIY black powder, proferred by DIY pyrotechnicians. The model rocketry folks get into similar things, though for the most part, I think DIY rocket fuel is less volatile than pyrotechnics.

Worst thing I ever did was get 3rd-degree burns from canon fuse.