Monday, March 22, 2010

Gunney Report

I didn't get to do much shopping around, but my favorite source of reloading components is showing a slight increase over last month. I'm told that Wal-Mart now has ammo in stock, at least more often than in the past, and the prices do not reflect the thinking going on at the show.

Someone had a discharge at the show on Saturday, and someone else went to the hospital with a serious wound, from which, I'm told, he will eventually recover. Details are hazy at this point, but consensus of opinion is that Rule 1 was violated. When handed a gun, the first thing you do is open the action and check to see if it's loaded. DO NOT try the trigger action first.

BUT IF YOU DO, remember Rule 2 and point the gun in a (relatively) safe direction. Holes in the roof are easier and cheaper to fix than holes in your buddy.

Went out shooting the postal matches with Paula. Shot Mr.Completely's "stars" and 2 others. Did mediocre on the first try, but did much better on the second. Shot a third, then prepped the CZ while waiting for Paula to finish. She did, and changed her target, and we went back to shooting. After 7 rounds I check my target, and discover I forgot to change it, so I have 10 .22 holes, and 7 9mm holes in the same target. Disgusted, I change my target and start over with the CZ. Mediocre results, but at this point, we're tired, so we go home. Next day, upon scoring the targets, I discover that the double shot one, while not my best with the .22, was my best with the 9, by a decent margin. And I still owe that target 3 more shots! Now I have to figure out how to get to a range before the end of the month.

No comments: