Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All The News That's Fit To Drink

I've been asked where I get my news (the internet) and why. Well it's like this:

Internet news is like moonshine. It's fresh, strong, sometimes harsh, and sometimes not so good, in spite of how carefully you pick your suppliers.

Network news, print or TV, is like fine sipping whiskey. Smooth, tasty, and easy to swallow. And like fine whiskey, sometimes it's 12 years old.

Moonshiners knew that the first stuff to come off the still was the bad part, and threw it away. The trick to maximizing your profit was to know when to start collecting the product. To this end they would sometimes give a shot of their freshly minted product to the dog. If the dog didn't go blind, then they were good to go.

I think I'll name my next dog Snopes.

No comments: