Sunday, June 14, 2009

Gun Control Works

Again, sort of. It seems that in Chicago, where pistols are effectively forbidden, armed thugs are having bad days anyway.
"As he reached to hit me again, I drew my pistol," he said. "He saw the pistol, and I shot and missed him totally 'cause I was half-knocked. He took off running."

Chicago police who responded did what officers often do in the city's toughest neighborhoods. They pretended that the victim had not broken the law by defending himself with an illegal handgun.

"Nothing was said about the gun going off," he said. "The police come over to make a report. The guy said to me, 'Well, you're lucky you weren't killed. You should've had a gun with you. If you had killed the guy, then you would have had to say you took the gun off him.'"
It also sounds like the "perps guns" which are often "taken away from him and used against them" are apparently often "lost in the ensuing affray".

An urban myth could spring from events like this.

No comments: