Monday, June 24, 2019

Apropos of Nothing

But possibly related to my impending geezerhood, I went out today for a medium length bike ride. 25-30 miles. There is a spot where University Blvd passes under I-25 where the sidewalk consists of a narrow strip of concrete with 6 inch curbs on either side of it, and includes a 90 degree turn at every spot where it proposes to cross a street. The streets it crosses are the on and off ramps to/from the freeway and the short bit (4x4 square) has the sharp turn to access it. On the other side, this is repeated, in one spot with a 120 degree right turn to be started before tour bike has completely cleared the off ramp. Off the concrete is a dropoff into the weeds which will require you to pick up your bike and place it back on the pavement.

I suppose I will recover from the scuffed knee eventually.

I have done rides like this 2 or 3 times this year already and had no real problems from them but today my knees are taking the rest of me to the Hague to be charged with crimes against humanity

No comments: