Thursday, October 6, 2016

Fashion Contest

Found at Tams, where the comments are turned off.
Award yourself one point for any garment that meets any of the following criteria:


  • Military surplus
  • Has MOLLE loops
  • Non-hunting-oriented camo (double points for Multicam, triple for Kryptek)
  • Any gun- or gun-related company branding other than Beretta or Browning
  • Made by: Arc'teryx, Kitanica, Propper, 5.11, Blackhawk, et al
  • Has gun-specific features like mag pouches or holster compartments
  • Has epaulets
I fall into the "Not a slave to fashion*" category which means I shop at the second hand stores and other discount places. I've found this makes CCW much easier on the whole. I find I can score 2 points here in the summer, and probably none in the winter.

Summertime points come to me from #3 and #6 as I wear Aloha shirts as cover garments, the eye-watering patterns being great distraction from any printing that might happen. #6 came from the Lee brand cargo shorts which come from Sears with 2 mag pockets on the left pocket overlay.

Come winter I could probably conceal a SAW under everything else I wear.

*Heard that one referring to the wardrobe manager on the Click and Clack show on NPR. One gets the impression they were being charitable to him.

No comments: